Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How To Unsuccessfully Stalk Brad Pitt


I am not a good stalker. Up until Cannes I thought this was a good quality to have, but this festival brings out your inner crazy. Yesterday I sat in the Majestic (The hotel where most celebrities stay while in Cannes. They serve a $25 glass of champagne and have wall length tapestries, so you know you it’s extra swanky.) for two hours hoping to get a glance of Brad Pitt. Last night was the premiere of his film Killing Them Softly, and since I will be able to see it in the states I decided to stalk instead of beg. 
My stalking grounds. 
So there I am on a plush couch in the lobby waiting for Brad Pitt to grace me with his presence. You would think I would be better at something that is essentially sitting, but no. I don’t mean to promote stalking, but those people sure do have some dedication. I was getting so impatient and antsy. All I wanted was to see Brad (Naturally we’d be on first name basis.) with my own eyeballs! Is that so much to ask?  
At one point a huge group of people started to linger in the lobby. Something was about to happen. People were streaming out of the bar and then I saw him. No, it wasn’t Brad. Instead, Matthew McConaughey strolled into the lobby, got in the middle of the group, and quickly left. Although he isn’t Brad, he is a super famous blonde American actor with a gorgeous wife. Close enough for me. 
Tonight is the premiere for On the Road. I would list all the famous people who are in it, but there are so many and that is what IMDb is for anyways. I hope I get in, but no matter what I am going to see Jaws afterwards. It’s playing on the theater that in right on the beach. The idea of watching Jaws while sitting on the beach is hilarious to me. It’s like watching Titanic on a cruise.   Okay maybe hilarious is the wrong word, but after tonight I can tell the story of when I watched Jaws while sitting next to the water on the French Riviera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment