Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Class and beach. Beach and class.


Sitting in class in the morning then laying by the beach in the afternoon: my life post-festival. Not a bad combination if you ask me, and a good way to get over my end of the festival depression. 
Juan les Pins is a nice little town, but it is no Cannes. It’s felt weird not going to the train station, dealing with crowds, and walking down red carpet. I am not use to this thing called “down time.” What do you do in such situations? Why go for a swim in the Mediterranean of course! Well, at least that is what I tried to do yesterday. 
After class, I did a bit of shopping in JLP. I found the quintessential European clothing store. Everything was neon and fringed. I picked up a pair of skinny jeans only to discover that I had accidentally stumbled in the men’s section, and they were meant for guys. Whoops. 
I finally hit the beach and the second, THE SECOND, I got my towel out and got situated the sun went behind a huge cloud. Beach fail. Today was much more successful. So much so that I have started my French tan. 
The next nine days will include classes (which aren’t bad, it just isn’t the festival), day trips (I have Monaco, Antibes, and maybe a night back to Cannes on my list.), and this weekend I am headed to Italy to visit my cousin. 
I am so so so excited for Italy. If I can manage the train, I will be there Friday afternoon.It will be such a nice change from France. I will actually be able to somewhat, sort of, maybe converse with people! The food will be amazing! I will get to go see the Leaning Tower of Pisa! AND (most importantly) I will be with Kayla in the Italian countryside!!! Can you tell I’m a wee bit excited??? 
My view from the beach. Not too shabby, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment